Sheikeloft's Guide to Gorgeous Instagram photos!
Choosing the right camera
Be sure to use the best camera available to you! (Anything around the iPhone 8+ mark seem to work well with the iPhone X taking some amazing shots!)
- Get a friend to take the shot for you to avoid using the front camera!
Use Gridlines to Balance your shot!
- One of the easiest and best ways to improve your mobile photos is to turn on the camera's gridlines.
- Place points of interest in these intersections or along the lines, your photo will be more balanced and provide better results!
To switch the grid on ...
- iPhone: Go to "Settings," choose "Photos & Camera," and switch "Grid" on.
- Samsung Galaxy: Launch the camera app, go to "Settings," scroll down and switch the "grid lines" option to "on."
Set your camera's focus.
- Phones today automatically focus on the foreground of your shot but that doesn't mean they're perfect! To ensure maximum quality tap the screen of your phone and tap on the model to sharpen the view and take the best quality photo.
- Many of the best photo's today seem to follow the rule that the subject shouldn't take up the entire frame and rather 2/3 of the photo should be negative space to make the subject stand out more.
An example from one of our ambassadors..
Take candid photos!
- We think posed photos are one of the best ways to ensure a quality photo every time! There's just something about candid photo's that we love so much over at Sheike, they capture the essence of the moment and also help register emotion.
- One of the best ways to capture this kind of shot is to take as many photo's as possible! You will have more to choose from and you will be surprised at the difference between your best and worst photos doing this!
A great candid shot from one of our ambassadors..
Pro Tip: Once you've taken your photo, you can use filters and apps to make the subject even more vivid, or to crop it to frame the subject correctly. The brightness, contrast, and saturation of the photo can also be adjusted accordingly -- all from your phone.